This time of year can be very stressful for everyone. Business owners are no exception. We have family and friend Holiday commitments. Then everywhere you scroll online you see posts and articles about planning for next year! As stressful as the end of the year is you should take the time to begin planning for next year. So, let’s take a look at what exactly we need to plan for during our end-of-year planning.
What should you plan when doing your end-of-year planning for the next year? There are several items you should consider in your planning. Let’s start with this year first.
Yes, I said THIS YEAR!
Year End Review
The first thing you should do in order to plan a great year for next year is look back at this year. Consider a few things about this year such as…
- What was the best thing that happened in your business this year? Remember to celebrate the wins!
- What was something that could have gone better?
- If you decided to plan big, what would that look like for your business next year?
“This could include new connections made, serving the most incredible group of people in the course you launched this year, getting featured by one of your favorite publications, selling out your program, increasing your profit percentage… your choice and it all counts!”
Plan Next Right
On the Worksheet I created I give you room to also set goals and steps to achieve these goals.
You can download my End of Year of Planning Worksheet Here!
Your End Of Year Planning:
The next steps:
1. Review your budget for this year – what did you max out and where did you have money left over?
2. Analyze your processes & systems for the last year. Be sure you have processes & systems to see if you are missing any of your
3. Budget for next year – now that you have reviewed your budget from this year, then you are better equipped to begin setting up your budget for the next year.
4. Content Planning – to have focused content campaigns you have to have a plan. Trying to just pop up content here and there does not work. Two main points here to remember: (1)Consistency – you must be consistent in producing and posting content and (2) Audience-Focused Content – having content that is focused on your audience and their needs. If you have these you should be able to pick up followers and maybe even some engagement.
“These days a social media presence for your business is essential. You should at least know what Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn,”-Investopedia
Plan for Growth – growth or scaling does not just happen. Growth happens when you plan for it. Make detailed and strategic plans about how you intend to grow your business. This includes creating goals and mini-tasks that break down the goals into smaller chunks.
These are some of the questions you should consider as you move into the New Year. Digging in and reviewing this year is important if you want to be successful next year. Make sure you download the planner so you can set up your goals and steps to reach them in the New Year!
Thank you for stopping by again. I would love for you to sign up to get our blogs via email. We also give special attention to our email list audience and have a special page on my website just for you on my list. Sign up Below (click the button).