Whether you realize it or not your website is a big part of your digital marketing and should be included in your strategy. Your website and your digital marketing go hand in hand.
As a Marketing Coach, one of the first things I do with a new client is to review and analyze their website. Why? Because all of your digital marketing should lead your prospective clients to your website or a landing page.
Purpose Of Digital Marketing
In order to figure out what role your website has in digital marketing you must understand the purpose of digital marketing. I’m going to lay out several purposes below.
Digital Marketings Purposes
Digital marketing is most often used to lead prospective (& current) customers to…
- Purchase a product(s)
- Sign up for services
- Sign up for an event or purchase an event ticket
Other Purposes Of Your Marketing
Marketing will also serve a number of other purposes including:
- Sharing Announcements
- Building Brand Awareness
- To Create and Build a Following
- Customer Service Help
- Reshaping Your Message
- Building Your Authority
“Digital marketing makes it easy to comment on issues and controversies that relate to your product or your industry. In this way, you can establish yourself as an authority on such topics, leading readers to trust you, come back for more information, and eventually make a purchase.”-Ballintine
Your Website Plays A Critical Role
As you can see your website plays a critical role in your digital marketing and its strategies.
Maximize Your Website
Now you know why it is so important to be sure your site is up to par. The basics, of course, are that it appears pleasing to the eye, SEO on every page, and all information should be up to date.
You want to not only hit the basics but also really maximize your website to make the most of your digital marketing and sending clients to your site.
Ways To Maximize Your Website
- Analyze your website – there are many programs out there as well as running it through some SEO tools such SEMRush and Ubbersuggests (if you need someone to review your copy try Bloom Content Design they are great!
- View it from a visitors’ point of view – try to look at your site as if you were a visitor for the first time
- Optimizing SEO – make sure every page has SEO, I recommend using the plugin YoastSEO (it has a free version that works great but can also upgrade it)
- Have a professional review it – if possible have a professional website designer take a look at it from the front and back end to give their opinion
- Ask a friend to view it – have a friend take a look at it and see if they can understand what you are communicating through your website. Ask them some basic questions like (1)what service do I provide, (2)how do you get in touch if interested, (3)is the site interesting and pleasing to you? Get a friend you can trust to be brutally honest. Our websites are never perfect but if you are open to a little constructive criticism, given from the right heart, it can help you in huge ways to tweak and make necessary changes.
- Make regular changes to your website – this is absolutely key, especially for search engines. They want to know you are regularly updating it (don’t forget to change out photos once in a while also). This indicates to Google, Bing, and other search engines that your website is active. So, please make regular updates. Blogging regularly can help as they see content being added to your website.
“Your website is the key to a successful digital marketing strategy, as your marketing activities direct users to your website, with the aim to convert users into customers. If your website landing page doesn’t convert, you may end up spending lots of money on marketing activities that won’t work. “-Ballyhoo
I think you can see now how important your website design and copy are today. Try some of these strategies to help maximize your website to make the most of digital marketing efforts.
To Your Continued Success,
I Can Help
If you need an objective eye I can help. Set up a Mini-Session and let’s chat.