Email marketing seems to keep changing recently. Many bloggers and businesses are beginning to lose focus on growing their email list. For some it seems like it’s too much effort while others have already lost faith in the emailing. The truth is your email contact list degrades by at least 15% every year, your contacts and readers either move from one business to another or abandon their old email addresses. It is your responsibility, as a business owner, to make sure you are constantly adding fresh readers and blog subscribers to your email list every year to keep the numbers moving.
The truth is your email contact list degrades by at least 15% every year.
[clickToTweet tweet=”The truth is your email contact list degrades by at least 15% every year” quote=”The truth is your email contact list degrades by at least 15% every year”]
As the new blogger and business owner with 0 contacts it is important that you begin to grow a list. I like to think of my email list subscribers as my VIP, they will usually be the ones who read your blog posts, make you money, follow you on social media and click your links. So it is important that you grow a list, not only because they will help your blog in the following ways (that I have listed) you also get to build genuine, meaningful and purposeful connections with these readers which is the most fascinating part to me. I have put together a list of 5 strategies that you can use to grow your email list, even if you have 0 subscribers.
These few strategies will grow your email list and keep the growth level up and rising.[clickToTweet tweet=”These few strategies will grow your email list and keep the growth level up and rising.” quote=”These few strategies will grow your email list and keep the growth level up and rising.”]
1. Organize An Online Contest: This is the strategy so many successful bloggers have grown their list with. Most bloggers will divulge their secret, but organizing a contest is one of the easiest ways to grow your email list. Be sure that those who sign up to your list stand a chance to win in the contest, this will not only grow your list but will also increase your traffic and get people to see your content.
2. Create Exclusive Email Content: Offer your friends and their friends exclusive email content. They receive the content when they sign up for your email list. Everyone loves exclusive articles or contents and it also sprouts curiosity so this is definitely a great strategy to build your list.
3. Promote A Freebie Giveaway: More than a contest this is another tactic that works so well. In a contest it’s a probability that they may be the winner but with a giveaway everyone gets something for free! And guess what? Everyone loves a freebie! So if you are still wondering how you can grow that list and how fast – worry no more and do a giveaway.
4. Add A Call To Action Button On Your Facebook Page: This is one of the best ideas Facebook has ever come up with so far! As you may know, a call to action button encourages your Facebook page followers and views to sign up for your list with just one click by redirecting them to your website or a landing page as preferred.
5. Get Your Facebook Friends To Sign Up And Share Your Email Content: This is one I also love. If you engage a lot with Facebook friends it’s a good idea for you to get them to sign up first. Of course, not all of them will, but eventually those who are showing they are definitely interested in you and your business. This also means it will be easier for you to also get them to share your email content with their friends. Yet another reason why you need to keep your content valuable.
These 5 strategies are quite easy to take action on, so make sure you put these to practice and let me know how it goes. If this is implemented properly and consistently in 30 days you would have your first 1000 subscribers or even more.
Thank you, again for reading. If you find value in this article, please share it with other – we appreciate it! Remember to sign up for our Free Newsletter!